Stripping Gears (demo) Stripping Gears (demo)

Try killing that stereo effect a little; it makes it a little hard to keep track of everything. Also, lower the high just the slightest bit. It hurts to listen to at points.

Keep the kick's frequencies out of the lead's. It all interferes with each other. Remember: frequencies stack.

Around 1:30, there's too much going on.

1:45-1:50 or somewhere thereabouts, get rid of Glitch. It contradicts the rest of the song and hits some sour notes. Find or make yourself a decent midrange bass instead.

Glitch comes back at 3:10. Get rid of it. But keep the ending (I know, it's also Glitch. But I really like it).

Enough bitching.

The melody was beautiful, the structure was wonderful, and above all, this thing has an insane amount of potential.

Good luck!

Daydream-Anatomy responds:

I'll lower teh stereo effects and see how it sounds since you pointed it out.

The album it's for is called clockwork calamity, the glitchy parts are part of the aesthetic, but if it's sour I can pitch it correctly or get rid of the effect that detunes the notes.
The highs on one synth does touch the high end a little too hard, but only when my volume's loud, I should've eq'd it again after using maximum.

This song might've been better before I edited it in post, mastering is new to me, usually I just mix well and release it like that. I'm not sure what to do about the kicks, I usually have them filling the frequency, because I don't sidechain or anything, and they need to cut through the mix.

Thanks for the critique, I really appreciate it. I'll try your suggestions and see how they work out. Happy you liked all but the things you listed:3

DjBlazeGreen-Nova DjBlazeGreen-Nova

This is House, not Dubstep, just FYI

This Isn't Science Rocket (2015 Edition) This Isn't Science Rocket (2015 Edition)

I love your new style. It's absolutely perfect. Honestly, I hated your old style, especially how it was done on the previous version of this song. The bass was too harsh, the drums did nothing for the track, and it was nothing but mid-range.

This one is more...versatile, for want of a better word. Not too high, not too low, properly EQed. The bassline is simple and straightforward, and is much easier to listen to. Only one complaint: boost that low end just a tad during the bassline. It feels lacking. Other than that, great job, and good luck!

Cheers!

The Hellquake The Hellquake

Honestly it's not really my cup of tea, but it's pretty decent for what it is.

Pros:
- It's excellently mastered, even if the drums were a bit loud. I could hear everything going on.
- The melody design is quite decent. It's....different.
- Variation. So much of it. I love it. So many different sounds, used in just about the best ways possible.

Cons:
- Sour notes. There's quite a few of them. Work with your melody just a little bit more.
- Some of your transitions were...not really there. It took me a second to notice that there was one.

Other than that, overall great job! You get a follower out of me, because I want to see where you go next.

Cheers!

ant4505 responds:

Thanks dear CaritasGaming for this review.

The drum is loud because its part of the concept of the title "Hellquake" if you have a sub woofer and max your volume to ground will shake like a earthquake due to the drum.

"The melody design is quite decent. It's....different." with me all the melody design is "original" since im like the inverse of Ludwig van Beethoven; he wrote his music only on score sheet without having the chance to hear his work. For me if you present a score sheet I will not be able to read it but when I create my music I compose music I only put some notes and checking if they work well together and I use the generate and test method.

Thats true there are a lot of variation thats because the first version was to repetitive. I had to change to structure ( swap the intro and the "bass" section" ). I also added the Orchestra hit made with Sylenth1 a nice vst you may know at end for the lead strings. Glad thats helped you to listen this to the end without the annoying sense of repetition .

Hmmm Sour notes, that may due to my method if you could spot me those note with a time marker like " at 1:55 min" this will help me to find those because its hard for me to notice those since this his my child.

this may due to my speaker vs yours i means I can listen all of them with ease maybe its also I mentally know their position and you not. Again if you could spot me where are those hidden transition this will help me to improve my masterpiece.

Finally thanks for the follow and if you really want to "spy" on my works you can check this website

I Mainly put all my decent work on that website.

But just for here is the list of the incoming music in newground:

- Razing Chronos
- Ginette
- King
- The Violent Factor
- The Grim Reaper Extended (maybe)

Funny fact, took me like 1 hours to make this reply XD

Cruisin' and'a Flyin' Cruisin' and'a Flyin'

"So not much was up when I made this. It wasn't a long process."
It shows. Your timing is way off.

FunnyMonky responds:

Oh I know, I was just messing around. It's why I leave the music making to you.

The World Shifter The World Shifter

Holy...You really love having fun, huh? :P This DEFINES fun. Impossible, but fun. And awesome.

Blacklawn responds:

Thanks! XD

[WIP] Under The Water [WIP] Under The Water

I'm not usually a fan of this type of music, but I'll make an exception here. Wonderfully made, and I especially love that sound at 1:15. Gave me chills.

RustedWasteland+MetalSoldier RustedWasteland+MetalSoldier

I honestly can not say it any better than JoshuaHughes. This is absolutely amazing. Eargasm, all the way. Good luck! (Apologies for the short review. Kinda stressed for time.)

Stapless responds:

Thanks for taking your time to comment. :)

Dubstep Practice Dubstep Practice

I'll give you a four, but mostly becuase of the bass.

Okay, so honestly, the generic lead does bother me a bit, but that might just be me...did you use SimSynth? Anyway, I love that bass, but it either needs more of a deep end, or add another, deeper bass behind the whole thing to give it some OOMPH. This would be killer if the kicks were harder (personal taste, no points off for that) and you had that extra deep end in there. Also, variety. It's a little repetitive, and I know I'm not really in the the best position to say that, but I love variety, and suck at it. Anyway, the melody is also a little...off...I don't know how else to put it. It doesn't feel right. Maybe keep the times, but change the places....

Shadrakor responds:

Thanks for the review.
No, not SimSynth, just a generic lead from a generic pack. No, no, I totally agree, a harder kick was needed. This was pretty much a song made from a tutorial (which is how I found I could make wobble-bass without Sytrus) so yeah, it's repetitive. It's not really a... song, I guess. I honestly only wanted feed-back on the wobble-bass, and it seems everyone enjoys that. When I release an actual song that I spent more than a day on, I'll definitely keep these points in mind. Thanks a lot!