Stripping Gears (demo) Stripping Gears (demo)

Try killing that stereo effect a little; it makes it a little hard to keep track of everything. Also, lower the high just the slightest bit. It hurts to listen to at points.

Keep the kick's frequencies out of the lead's. It all interferes with each other. Remember: frequencies stack.

Around 1:30, there's too much going on.

1:45-1:50 or somewhere thereabouts, get rid of Glitch. It contradicts the rest of the song and hits some sour notes. Find or make yourself a decent midrange bass instead.

Glitch comes back at 3:10. Get rid of it. But keep the ending (I know, it's also Glitch. But I really like it).

Enough bitching.

The melody was beautiful, the structure was wonderful, and above all, this thing has an insane amount of potential.

Good luck!

Daydream-Anatomy responds:

I'll lower teh stereo effects and see how it sounds since you pointed it out.

The album it's for is called clockwork calamity, the glitchy parts are part of the aesthetic, but if it's sour I can pitch it correctly or get rid of the effect that detunes the notes.
The highs on one synth does touch the high end a little too hard, but only when my volume's loud, I should've eq'd it again after using maximum.

This song might've been better before I edited it in post, mastering is new to me, usually I just mix well and release it like that. I'm not sure what to do about the kicks, I usually have them filling the frequency, because I don't sidechain or anything, and they need to cut through the mix.

Thanks for the critique, I really appreciate it. I'll try your suggestions and see how they work out. Happy you liked all but the things you listed:3

DjBlazeGreen-Nova DjBlazeGreen-Nova

This is House, not Dubstep, just FYI

This Isn't Science Rocket (2015 Edition) This Isn't Science Rocket (2015 Edition)

I love your new style. It's absolutely perfect. Honestly, I hated your old style, especially how it was done on the previous version of this song. The bass was too harsh, the drums did nothing for the track, and it was nothing but mid-range.

This one is more...versatile, for want of a better word. Not too high, not too low, properly EQed. The bassline is simple and straightforward, and is much easier to listen to. Only one complaint: boost that low end just a tad during the bassline. It feels lacking. Other than that, great job, and good luck!

Cheers!